Thursday, March 23, 2017

Photo Challenge

For one week in January I decided to participate in a photography challenge.  I ended up only doing that first week because well, I'm pretty busy in general and then all of our illnesses/ailments start mid January, so I was even busier!

That first week, the challenge was "tell a story".  We were supposed to use the rule of thirds as well, but some of my better pictures didn't do both.  It started with Miranda sleeping on the couch.  It kind of tells a story and her face is on the left third.  Not the best really, but she's really cute when she's sleeping. ;)

Then, while Miranda was sleeping, Meredith started doing cartwheels and flips.  I'm a little bummed that I didn't take better pictures here.  With all of the light coming in from the windows, I should have been able to bump up my shutter speed to avoid the blurriness, but apparently I wasn't paying attention to that.  I love how Meredith's eyes are closed.

This on is in thirds, but doesn't tell a story.  It's a good picture of Meredith though.

Can you tell Meredith was tired from all of her cartwheels?  She still takes a good picture even when she is tired!


I like this one, but I don't like the light fixture in the background.  I need to work a little more on framing of photos, but our living room was a little limited for this kind of action shot.

And then of course, Mackenzie had to join in!  Look she can stand on one hand! ;)

Maybe one day I'll have more time to work on a photography challenge for the entire year and not just one week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...