Friday, March 17, 2017

Cookie Swap and other Christmas parties

As always, Christmas is a busy time of year. This past Christmas we went to a couple of different Christmas parties and hosted one as well!

Miranda went to a Christmas PJ's party at a good friends house while the big girls were in school.  Miranda was fairly shy during the party, but as soon as everyone left, she jumped right in to play with her friend.  They played Salon and pretended to cut each other's hair!  I'm glad those were fake scissors!

We also went to a Gingerbread house building party that was really fun!  The host provided the graham crackers and icing and the guests brought all the candy. ;)  The big girls made some pretty cool houses and Brandon and I only helped a little.  I promise! ;)  Miranda helped by eating her weight in candy! ;)  Meredith's house...


Mackenzie's house...




I decided to host a cookie swap with some of the girls friends.  I told them they could each invite 3 friends only because if we made the party too big, everyone would have to bring way too many cookies to share.  We made 3 or 4 different cookies to be sure there would be enough.  The girls picked out what kind of cookies and helped cut them out.  I let them decorate a few of each kind...

Miranda's cookies...

Mackenzie's cookies...

Meredith's cookies...

And then I decorated all of the rest!  The yellow icing looked like cheese, so I just outlined the remainder of the cookies after the first two were filled completely.




Of course, Brandon had to join in on the fun too by decorating a bikini clad gingerbread girl!  I believe Tiny ate her when she visited us during the holidays. ;)

The party itself was a lot of fun and we had so many girls and cookies!  This is everyone explaining their cookies. ;)


They all ate their cookies, drank milk or hot chocolate and then played for another hour before voting on the cookies and taking a platter home!
Lots of fun and I'm sure we will do it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...