Saturday, November 28, 2015

Zoo - 2015

Brandon's office had their company picnic at the zoo back in October.  We got there right when they opened, so the elephants were taking baths. ;)
We felt this was the next best thing.  After all, you can actually touch this elephant!


I think I have a picture of Mackenzie and Brandon just like this at the zoo.  So cute.
We saw about 5 or 6 animals before we got the new Gorilla exhibit.  It was really cool.  The girls were watching it and the gorilla even started walking around.  When it started moving, Brandon said we better get Miranda off the rock they were standing on before the Gorilla scared her.  Sure enough, the gorilla started walking toward the glass and Miranda completely freaked out!
After we got home I noticed that when I picked her up, she must have kicked my camera and taken a picture.  This is the reaction of the people around us as Miranda screams and cries at the top of her lungs!

Next came the orangutans.  This guy was pretty funny.  Miranda cried "Go! Go!" until we left. She did not like any enclosed spaces after the gorilla incident.  ;)
The Rhinos were fighting a little bit.  Or I guess they could have been playing.  Who knows.
The giraffes are always fun to look at.
Baby Gigi was super cute!  I only know her name because other people there were calling her that.  There are a lot of people who go to the zoo on a regular basis.  That's just not for me.  Once a year is plenty! ;)

Zebras are another cool animal, I think.  The angle of this picture and the stripes on the legs, makes the zebra look like they have tiny legs.
This is Miranda pouting because we were STILL looking at animals! Ha!
Flamingos and a stork...

While Brandon mingled after lunch, I took the girls to the children's zoo.  They played on the playground until Miranda saw a child with a mask (for Zoo Boo) and started screaming and crying again!  Next up, the goat petting zoo.  Unfortunately, all of the goats were resting in their special "do not touch me" confined area, so the big girls couldn't pet them.  However, Miranda was glad we left because even though I was holding her she practically climbed up to my shoulders when she saw the goats! ;)

So, the big girls went into the prairie dog area alone so I could take their pictures in the pop up tunnels.  As you can see, Meredith wasn't too thrilled with this exhibit.




Meredith came out crying, so that was fun with a 4 year old and 2 year crying in the zoo, neither one of which wanted to ride in the wagon I was pulling. :/  That was about the time I decided we needed some dippin' dots!  Everyone had their own cup and then we were all happy - including this momma!  Brandon met up with us just after the dippin dots and we continued to look at more animals as we waited to feed the giraffes.

Bears...
Leopard...


Monkeys...

This baby and momma were pretty cute.
And of course, you gotta love a monkey with a colorful bootie!  Mackenzie thought it was the funniest thing.

Finally, it was time to feed the giraffes (5 hours after we arrived!).  Miranda wasn't too sure about the lettuce, let alone the giraffes and their big tongues.  Mackenzie thought it was cool, though.

Meredith stood a little too far and the poor giraffe was practically poking it's neck on the fence.  They sure were hungry.

Miranda still said - Are you kidding me?!

Miranda was falling asleep in the wagon as we walked out to our car and all 3 girls were asleep by the time we got on the freeway, so I'd say it was a successful trip!
I have a picture of all three of them sleeping, but Mackenzie saw me editing the photo and asked me not to use it because she didn't like how she was sitting when she was sleeping.  I guess that might be happening more often as she gets older. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...