Saturday, July 18, 2015

VBS 2015: I have decided to follow Jesus

I already wrote a little bit about VBS in one of our summer recaps, but I thought I'd do a special post too.  Mackenzie was super excited for VBS to start and while Meredith was excited, she was also a little nervous because she couldn't remember last year's VBS.  The theme this year was "I have decided to follow Jesus."  Since the t-shirts had a license plate with this phrase, my friend and I decided to build a foam board truck in the foyer!

The puppets were a last minute addition, but they were perfect!  Even grandpa got in on the action and helped fix the truck! ;)



There were also other road signs for decorations...
I made this one to mimic an old Texaco sign I found at Hobby Lobby.

And of course, we had to have a road leading down the auditorium!


For the last 3 years, I've "worked" in the nursery during VBS because I always have a little child with me that is attached to my hip! I've always figured I would be in there holding her anyway, so I might as well watch other kids too. ;)

On the first night, I dropped the big girls off in the auditorium and went to the nursery to watch the babies.  The little babies are so cute and as in the past we took them to get snacks after the drama.  Taking 10 kids ages 12 months to 2 years is challenging!  However, they were great at sitting down on their blanket so they could get a cookie! Ha!  VBS lasts about 1 1/2 hours and for many of the little ones (including mine), it's past bedtime, so we have class for them and sing songs around the table.


The second and third nights, Miranda and I joined the big girls in the auditorium for the singing before the drama.


Miranda really enjoyed the singing and was really excited to sit so close and see everything.


Another VBS over and the girls are already looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...