Thursday, July 23, 2015

Miranda's words

Miranda didn't start walking until she was 16 months old.  Brandon and I were so ready for her to walk by then since the big girls had started walking at 12 and 13 months.  As with the walking, Miranda also started talking later than the other girls did at that age.  Meredith by far was my biggest/earliest talker!  However, Miranda is definitely coming along in her vocabulary.  At Miranda's 18 month check up, the doctor asked if she was saying any other words besides "mama" and "dada" and she wasn't so I know they'll definitely be asking how many words she says at her 2 year check up in 2 months!  With that in mind, I thought I'd list the words she says on a regular basis, especially since I missed her 22 month post last month!

momma
dadda (refuses to say daddy)
mik (milk)
monkey
hippo (one of her lovies)
ball
bounce
blanket
nack (snack)
this
no
know? (don't know)
buckle
book
hold you (hold me)
up
out
off
ni ni (night night)
bible
purse
bagel
ip (ipad)
hello
lop (lollipop)
two (every time we say "one" she responds with "two")
ticker (sticker)
mouse (mickey or minnie)
gin (again)
shoe
hi
mote (remote)
I sowee (I'm sorry)
nose
tickle
wower (flower)
peas (please)
baby
watu (water)
bel buz (belly button)
yes
ok (when she falls down)
close (when she gets in trouble for opening the laptop)
want this (as in "I don't want this")
mores (I want more)
tank oo (thank you)
piggy
go
tigh (as in her carseat straps are too tight)
ow
gasses (sunglasses)
gross

She probably says even more than this, but this is all I can remember at this time.  I actually made this list and then listened to her for a couple of days and heard 20 more words that I forgot she says! That's 52 words that we hear pretty regularly - yay!  Much improved in 4 months!  I'm sure she'll add even more in the next 2 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...