Thursday, May 7, 2015

Mackenzie's Poetry Book

I've said before, how much I love when Mackenzie sounds out words and spells everything on her own!  A couple of months ago, her school studied poetry for a week and she came home with this.
It took me a little bit to figure out what this said.
Then I remembered the poetry unit and it clicked..."powuchre" = poetry. ;)
This is Mackenzie's self portrait.  I love the eyes!
She had to write descriptive words of herself all around the portrait.  Below says happy and silly (sile).
Myself, pretty (prite), fun, music (myoozic), counter (contr), ball
I LOVE "myoozic"!
Her arm says reading (rednin), writing (wridnig), nice (nic).
This one is my favorite.  She couldn't remember what it said and so I sat and stared at it for a long time trying to figure it out.  Finally I got it..."indupint" = independent.

Her other poetry/writing pages are below.
It says...I see squares (skwar's).  I hear crunch (krunch).  I smell chocolate (choklet).  I feel melt.  I taste sugar (shoogr).  It's a chocolate (choklet) bar. ;)

"Red is a apple (appod).  Orange is a fruit (froot) orange.  Yellow is a lemon (limin).  Green is a broccoli (brokle).  Blue is a blue bird (brd).  Purple is a plum.

"Lovely, excited (iksidid), great (grat), sleepy (slepe), fun, silly (sile), mad."

"Delicious (dulishis) - donuts, cupcakes, cookies, ice cream, chocolate bar, chocolate chips, chocolate"

"My mom, my dad, my sisters, my friends (frens), my teacher (techr), my family."

"Ouch by Mackenzie
Scraping (skraping) my knee.  Brake (brac) your finger (fingr).  Skin your elbow (elbo).

"Caterpillar (calupelr) by Mackenzie
Caterpillar caterpillar your so cute (kyout).  I can't wait (wat) to see you turn (trn) into a butterfly (butrfly). When (wuns) you do I'll keep (cep) you forever (frevr)."


"The Stars by Mackenzie Meyers
The stars are little people (peppool) in the sky (sciye).  Sometimes (sum tim's) they go walking (woking)."

I LOVE it!  I'm looking forward to many more books of hers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...