Monday, April 27, 2015

Preschool with Meredith - Week 10

Around Valentine's Day, Meredith and I worked made our way through the letter D unit.  She's quite funny and loves to talk and tell stories while she colors and traces.  I will never remember all that she says, but I will remember she did this! ;)

Bible:
We continued our study on Moses and talked about the parting of the Red Sea.  She decided Moses needed to be colored green and like Mackenzie, she loved walking Moses through our sea.
We also did a 10 commandments craft, but it was a little crazy since I was too lazy to tape two pieces of paper together and we had to cram all 10 trains on one page! ;)
 


Animal ABC's:
D is for Dolphin in 1+1+1=1's Animal ABC's printables.  She loved coloring in the D with the dot markers before cutting out the dolphins.

Tracing (and talking)!
Shape tracing takes a long time when you have to use several colors!  "Look Momma, I made a pattern!" ;)
Dot marker fun and "d is for dog!"

Letter activities:
Meredith requested a color by number. (1+1+1=1)
Sorting small d's and big D's...
 

Theme:
Since it was the week of Valentine's Day we had to do some Valentine's activities.  All of the dot marker activities are from Gift of Curiosity.
She likes the number puzzles a little more than she used to.  These cute puzzles are from Over The Big Moon.  I printed/laminated them a couple of years ago for Mackenzie, so now we pull them out every year for Valentine's Day.




Coloring! (Gift of Curiosity and 1+1+1=1)

Sweethearts were used, of course!  First we sorted by color...
Then we made patterns...
And then she ate them!  Not me, though, yuck! ;)


I love watching her connect the pictures!  The lines are so curvy! ;)  Meredith is getting better at the "Find the Difference" pages, but I love these from Gift of Curiosity because they are a little more obvious which gives her more confidence than other ones we've tried.
Cutting and more cutting!

Miscellaneous:
We played "roll and draw" with a dice I made.  I had never played this with Meredith, so it was great to teach her how to draw certain line types - waves, for instance.  She's just started enjoying drawing her own pictures, so this fun for her.  She also liked playing with the dinosaur erasers!  She matched two of them and then played with the rest. ;)

She likes tracing these books I bought in the Target dollar spot.

I think I shared these with Mackenzie's school post, but we sorted color cards from Homeschool Creations.

All of Meredith's papers and activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...