Wednesday, February 25, 2015

So much for blogging...

Well, so much for blogging a lot more in 2015!  It's been two weeks!  As always, life happened and time got away from me.  And it's not like I don't have things to blog about - with three little girls there is ALWAYS something to blog about.  Plus three weeks ago, a couple of friends and I decided to bite the bullet and plan the father/daughter banquet at church so it wouldn't get post-poned.  I love planning parties but I'm not used to such a fast schedule (2 1/2 weeks).  I'm used to mulling over ideas and thinking about them for a while.  Not to mention the size of the party being much bigger than my typical (72 RSVP's).  However it went well and everyone had fun!  It was Mackenzie and Brandon's first year to go and they had a great time.  In just 4 short years, Brandon will be taking all three girls!

Anyways, "life" also includes turning 35 in two days!  I'm not sure why, but 35 seems to be a little harder for me to swallow than 30.  For me, 30 was not a big deal - just another birthday.  But 35 makes me feel old. ;)  I know it's not, but that's how I feel.  I think it's bumming me out a little bit and I haven't felt like blogging too much.

Mackenzie is home today for a mental health day, plus she's pretty snotty and congested.  She was just way too emotional this morning and I could tell it wasn't going to be a good day if she went to school.  I never really thought I'd want to homeschool until the last year or two.  On days like today, when it's cold and rainy and we don't have to go outside, it makes me want to homeschool even more.  Not to mention how happy all us girls are just being together when we aren't tied to pick ups and drop off all day.  Brandon is probably laughing at that last sentence because he came home to a not so happy me last night crying because the girls were driving me crazy with their arguing and crying.  But yesterday is one of our hard days - two girls in two separate schools with two separate drop offs and two separate pick ups.  It's hard on everyone.  But today, we are good and are happy and enjoying each others' company.  We'll be doing our own school lessons in a few minutes - Meredith finishing our letter D unit and Mackenzie doing a Kindergarten printable pack I found.  Again, homeschooling would be awesome, but we aren't quite ready to jump.

Since I've been a little bummy lately, I've also been working on planning our summer activities.  I know - it's February, but that's what I do.  I like to have an idea of what we are going to do or else we'll just be sitting inside everyday because I have nothing planned.  We have our typical things we want to do - neighborhood pool once a week, church playgroup once a week, lunch out, Noah's Ark Pool...But we also have some new ones we want to do - Blue Bell Factory and added by Mackenzie yesterday, melted crayon art.  Anyways, lots of fun to be had in 11 short weeks!

So, that's what has been going on.  I'll do my best to blog again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...