Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Eye colors

At some point in the not so distant past I posted that all three of my girls have different eye colors - Mackenzie - blue; Meredith - brown and Miranda -green/hazel.  I started looking at statistics for eye colors in the United States after that and was surprised to find that blue is not than uncommon. 

I found these statistics about US eye colors:
blue/grey - 32%
dark brown - 25%
brown with specks - 16%
blue/grey/green with brown/yellow specks - 15%
green/light brown with minimal specks - 12%

Blue has a higher percentage in the US?  I had no idea!  Before Brandon and I had kids I always assumed I have brown eyed kids because Brandon's eyes are so brown that my blue eyes didn't stand a chance.  I think I've blogged about this before, but until Mackenzie was born with her light blue eyes I didn't realize how many family members on mine and Brandon's side had blue eyes. Hello statistic!  Both mine and Brandon's moms and maternal grandfather's have blue eyes, so the genes were sitting there just waiting! ;)

Mackenzie's eyes are definitely blue!

Yep, Meredith's eyes are brown.  This is Brandon's color and how I thought all of my children would look.

This one shows Miranda's eyes (well one in focus!) - hazel?
This one shows them a little better even if it is at an angle.

Anyways, I thought this was interesting, especially since they are my girls! Ha!  I love that every child is different even when they have the same parents.  I'm curious to see what they look like as adults to see what other features are distinctly different (skin tone) and what is the same (hair).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...