Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcome 2015!

Happy New Year!  I didn't end 2014 quite how I wanted to as far as this blog is concerned.  But that's the way it goes sometimes.  I'm hoping to blog more this year.  Maybe be similar to 2012 where I blogged 213 times in one year!  I spent a lot of time editing photos from the month of December this week, so I should have plenty of blog posts this month.  I always start January off really well and then the blog posts dwindle down.  So, we'll see.

Our New Year's Eve was very low key last night.  The girls went to bed at 8:30 and Brandon and I spent the evening binge watching House of Cards.  I noticed it was midnight when I heard all of the fireworks. ;)  As the girls get older I'm sure we'll do more stuff/functions for New Year's Eve, but for now I'll enjoy the quiet.

Last night I wrote down my goals/resolutions for the new year.  I made categories - photography, blog, reading, organization, health and creativity.  I have two goals in each category.  Any one of them alone are not difficult to do alone, but all together it might take me a while to build a schedule for completion and/or incorporation into my daily life.  A couple of them I already do, so it's more of a continuation (read 20 books in 2015 and clear out a bag of trash or donation from our house every week).  And of course some of them I start every year and never finish - 365 picture challenge, read the Bible in one year.  For reading the Bible in one year, I'm continuing where I left off back in March (1 Samuel) so that I don't get to the same place over and over again. ;)  I'm going to try to post my daily pics on my 365 page again this year to help me stay accountable.  I've already taken pictures for today, so I'm doing great so far! Ha! 

With that said, I didn't make any goals/resolutions that aren't realistic.  I could say I'm going to give up drinking dr. pepper or stop eating candy, but that's just not realistic for me.  There is no point in making myself miserable at the beginning of the year and then disappointed in myself when I can't do it.  A more realistic approach to a similar goal is to drink more water, but do a build up.  This week I will drink a cup of water before drinking anything else.  Then next week I'll drink 2 cups before anything else, next 3 cups and continue on until I'd drinking the recommended 8 cups of water a day before drinking any sodas or sugary drinks.  I might even do the same thing with exercise - maybe twice a week for a month and then 3 times a week for a month...I haven't quite planned out that goal other than exercise more. ;)

Anyways, I'm looking forward to tackling these goals - which is good!  Who wants to be afraid of /dread their goals?!  Here's to a great 2015!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...