Sunday, October 12, 2014

Photography Challenge - Day 07

So, remember when I started the "30 day photography challenge" back in MARCH?!  Yep, I'm blogging about Day 7 challenge 200+ days after I started Day 1!  I guess technically I took the Day 7 pictures back in May and started Day 8 yesterday, so the big gap is between day 7 and 8!  Either way, I'm taking way too long!  Time to complete something!

Anyways, I think I kept putting off this post because I had planned on taking more pictures for this challenge and then preschool graduation, followed by summer, followed by kindergarten happened. ;)  I also got a new ipad and didn't have Courtney's ebook to reference as easily.  I guess those are all just excuses, but oh well.  All that matters is I picked up my camera last night and started Day 8, so hopefully I'll post that soon!  Since I'm going so slow, you can download your copy of Courtney's book and probably catch up to me super quick! Or if you just want some photography tips go check out Click It Up A Notch.  ;)

Challenge 7 - Focus on the Eyes

Focusing on eyes should be simple enough, but when the subjects move around so much, it makes for some funny pictures!

As usual, all the pictures below include my straight out of camera image (left or top) and my edited image (right or bottom).  I used my Canon EFS 18-135mm  and EFS 50mm lenses to take all of the photos.  I'll list the details of each shot below if you are interested.

I focused on the eyes and had the picture offset.  That would be two challenges in one! ;)  The big blue bouncy ball in the background annoys me, so I made the picture black and white.
50mm   f/5    1/60ss    ISO-1600


Her tongue is too cute!
50mm   f/5    1/60ss    ISO-1600


So much for eyes! ;)
35mm   f/5    1/120ss    ISO-1600



45mm   f/5    1/50ss    ISO-1600

Cute little cowgirl!  I probably could have moved a lot of the "stuff" that is all around her, but they were playing, so it's in the picture.
50mm   f/3.2    1/50ss    ISO-1600

Sweet Miranda Kate!
50mm   f/2    1/200ss    ISO-1600

I'm not sure how she was watching TV upside down!
50mm   f/2    1/250ss    ISO-1600


50mm   f/2    1/250ss    ISO-1600

Seven down, 23 to go! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...