Saturday, August 30, 2014

Summer Recap: Week 14

Week 14 - the LAST week of Summer 2014.  Of course, we are still having summer weather, but this was the last week before school started.  2 years ago, Mackenzie took swimming lessons for two weeks and at the end of the session, we went to eat ice cream to celebrate.  When we started swim lessons back in January we knew Mackenzie would stop lessons just before school started and since about that same time, Mackenzie has planned a trip to eat ice cream after her last lesson!  So, Monday was Mackenzie's last swim lesson for the year, so that afternoon we went for ice cream!  They both devoured their ice cream and Miranda and I tried not to focus on them since we couldn't eat any! :(
On Tuesday, Mackenzie lost her first tooth!  It just came out while she was talking in the car. ;)  It's a bottom tooth and very tiny!  When she told me what she wanted to write to "Buttercup", Brandon told her to ask her where she lived.  Luckily, the toothfairy brings pictures of her house as she travels bringing money to all the children! ;)
Wednesday was our last "Hoop-lah".  (That's the silly name I kept calling it because I'm weird like that.)  We went to a favorite small waterpark that is geared more to smaller kids.  Friends of our met us there which made it even more fun!

It's not fun unless you can eat cookies at 10:45 in the morning! ;)

Little cuties!

They are all looking down, but they're all in the picture! ;)
Meredith didn't remember the last two times she went to the water park because she was 10 months and 22 months, so this was her first time to go down the slide by herself.  She really liked it and went a lot while we were there!


Thursday and Friday was spent preparing for Meredith and Miranda's birthday party, so no pictures!

Then Saturday evening after the party, Mackenzie and I had a Momma/Daughter date (our first since Miranda was born) at a pottery painting place.  She chose to paint a puppy and then painted the whole thing by herself.  It's very bright!

Mackenzie got to bring her dog home that evening because she used acrylic paint, but I chose to use a glaze, so I don't have mine back yet.  Here is my owl after I finished.  It will deepen in color and be super glossy when it's finished.  I should be able to pick it up in the next day or two!

So, our summer is over. :(  We had a great summer and I cannot wait until next year when Miranda is walking!  I would say I can't wait to start planning our fun, but we have a gazillion other things to think about between now and then! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...