Sunday, August 17, 2014

Summer Recap: Week 10

Week 10 was super fun because my aunt and cousins drove down from Utah for a visit.  Mackenzie was 3 years and Meredith was 3 months old the last time they visited, so we were all excited to see each other.  On Monday, my aunt Rhonda and my cousin Chloe came to our house to spend the night.  Mackenzie and Meredith were so excited about a sleep over and asked me constantly when they were going to get to our house.  Once they arrived we talked, colored and played my little pony.  Then we went to dinner and Mackenzie was really excited when Chloe (age 15) sat in the very back of the car with her, since she's usually all by herself.  After dinner, Mackenzie insisted Chloe watch an animated princess movie and Chloe was kind enough to sit next to her and watch it even though it's not a very good movie.  Then it was bed time, but it was still fun because Rhonda read FOUR books to them before bed! ;)

The next morning I let Mackenzie and Meredith bathe in my big bath tub for the first time to keep them occupied while "the ladies" (per Meredith) slept.  They left that morning, but we went to my grandparents' house on Thursday to get one last visit before they returned to Utah.

On Saturday, Brandon took the big girls to the movies.  Mackenzie was so worried they were going to be late or miss the movie.  I don't know why she thinks this since Brandon and I are rarely late for things.  We gave her a timer so she wouldn't keep asking and she carried around for 3 hours until they left.  The funny thing is I had to find the timer when it went off because they had already left...one hour before the movie!  Miranda and I enjoyed a little nap while they were away, so fun was had by all! ;)

And somewhere in the middle of all that, Meredith had some chocolate covered pretzels!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...