Friday, August 15, 2014

Strangers

I didn't really mean for a whole week to go by without blogging!  As most strangers point out to me "I've got my hands full." ;)  I love strangers.  It's pretty interesting running errands with the girls and hearing what people say to us.

"Still trying for a boy, huh?"  Because I guess our life isn't complete with just 3 little girls.  I'll let you in on a little secret...we are content and perfectly happy with our three girls.  No boys needed.  Not gonna happen.

"Can you call me when they are in their teenage years? I'd like to see how that's going to work out for you."  The high school/college age checker at the grocery store said this to me.  He said our house was going to be crazy with three teenagers.  Yes.  Yes, I imagine it will be.  Of course he immediately talked about parties and sneaking out, which bothers me that people assume that all kids will do that.  I didn't.  I'm not saying my kids won't, but why does everyone have to assume that.  Kids can be good.  My girls will turn 13, 15 and 18 in 2026.  I suspect Brandon might have installed doors on the office by then to isolate himself from the crazy girls! ;)

As I said previously, I get "You've got your hands full."  A LOT.  And considering usually I have a baby in one arm and am carrying a purse or reusable shopping bags or high chair cover or ALL 3 plus holding hands of one or both big girls, I would say that statement is pretty spot on.  However, I wouldn't have it any other way.  I LOVE my girls and would gladly have my "hands full" than not.

"Save up for the weddings!"  Another favorite to hear from people older than I am.  Usually those who have recently paid for a wedding.  I know.  They are coming.  But, I think I'll save for their college educations first. ;)  Although, my parents paid for both simultaneously, so I guess that could happen and with three girls 5 years apart there will probably be someone in college while someone else gets married.  Either way, we'll worry about that in at least 15 years!

Of course, my most favorite phrase from strangers are "Those sure are pretty girls."  I completely agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...