Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Summer Recap - Week 6 (aka VBS)

I'm getting behind on my recaps!  I cannot believe there is only one month left of summer!  Our lazy days are just about over. :(

Mackenzie had been looking forward to week 6 all summer because week summer included our church's Vacation Bible School.  I had been working on the decorations for a couple of weeks prior to this, so she was pretty excited.  The theme was "The Life of Joseph" and my friend suggested an architectural theme to go with it, so we had a lot of fun creating the posters/banners.  We went old school and printed the designs on regular paper and then used an opaque projector to trace onto the large paper.  I enjoyed creating them on the computer (reminded me of grad school) and also coloring them by hand.  It was fun to do both and released some creative energy I had built up. 

This is the first board you saw in the Lobby...


This was the original image on the computer...

This is one of my favorites...
This is the computer version...
 
I really like how the paper one turned out.  Mackenzie was so happy to color the pink girls and help with the decorations. ;)

We had great plans for Pharaoh's dreams, but we made it a little too big, so we had to split it up.  Here's the digital image...
And here it is installed...

Joseph's dreams were a bit last minute and so we truly went "old school" and pieced printed images together while tracing onto the larger sheet.

Another favorite was an image I found online.  Originally it was going to be on the blue paper, but we changed it up and made it look like a work in progress and added my prisma colors for display and added affect.

Once VBS started, the girls were ready!  Well, almost - since Meredith didn't want to go to class the first night.  She stayed with me in the nursery since I had volunteered to be there (Mackenzie did the same thing her first year).  I've been in the nursery the last three years because I always have a child in there! ;)


The second night I stayed with Meredith through the songs and then she went to class/snacks/puppets with her class.

By the third night, she was a pro and didn't need me to stay with her!

I'm sure we did other stuff during this week of summer, but all I have written down or pictures of is VBS!  It was definitely the high light of the week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...