Friday, July 18, 2014

Reading Rut

I do this just about every year - read several books in the first two or three months of the year and then NONE for the next three!  This year is no exception.  I read 8 books from January to April and haven't read anything since then!

I was trying to figure out why I haven't read anything else and I'm not really sure why.  It's not for a lack of books on my nook, kindle or ibooks apps.  I have a ton of books on those ipads.  Not to mention all of the actual hardcopy books I have here at the house.  I enjoyed the books I read, but I think sleep ruled out over reading at night and since Miranda still isn't sleeping through the night, sleep is very important!  And probably if I'm really honest - games on my ipad are easier to do before bed and don't require as much concentration.

I finally checked out some books a couple of  weeks ago at the library to see if that would boost my reading interest.  Having a deadline to return the books keeps me from ignoring them and I have actually read several times this past week, so I guess its working.  I've read one of the three I borrowed and have 4 weeks (with renewal next week) to read the other two.

I shall be near to you is about a woman who enlists in the Union Army to be with her husband during the civil war.  Finished it this morning - good book.
The other two books are books 2 & 3 in the Parasol Protectorate series.  These are books that I never thought I'd read (vampires, werewolves and alternate worlds), but they are quick reads and pretty entertaining.

My goal is to read another 25 books this year, so after I finish the 3 library books I will have 14 left for the year.  Maybe if I make a list, then that might be easier than trying to figure out what to read late and night and choosing to play on the iPad instead.  Here it goes - my list for the remainder of the year...


I guess I better get reading!  Oh wait, I have 3 girls to take care of  - maybe tonight I can read! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...