Monday, June 16, 2014

Summer recap: week 2

Our second week of summer was much more low key than the first!   We headed to the neighborhood pool on Memorial Day right when they opened.  I knew it was overcast, but I had no idea a storm was coming.  It was supposed to be Miranda's first time at the pool, but it was way too cool for Miranda and I, so we just watched Brandon and the big girls swim.  It was nap time anyway. ;)




The girls were super cold by the time we left 1 1/2 hours later, but they still had fun!  It started sprinkling as we left and stormed all afternoon, so I'm glad we went to the pool when we did.  The rest of the day was spent eating pizza, watching movies and discovering that our cell phones receive weather alerts for tornado and flash flood warnings! ;)

Later in the week I babysat a few kids from our play group while their parents' went to the planned "couples night".  Brandon was out of town, so I had Friday night fun with a 5 year old, 4 year old, 3 - 2 yearly olds and a 9 month old.  They were all great and we had absolutely no arguing!  They were pretty excited when I popped popcorn and laying on the floor to watch tv about an hour after bedtime was just as much fun!

Low key summer weeks are just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...