Thursday, January 16, 2014

Visiting Granny & Papa's

When Mackenzie was about 18 months old, I started taking her to my see my grandparents about once a month. When Meredith was about 2 months old, I started taking both girls.  It's about an hour drive each way, so we make a day of it and usually stay for about 4 hours.  Sometimes we feed fish.  Sometimes we pick strawberries.  We've even celebrated a birthday a time or two.  When it's warm we play outside.  All of us really enjoy the visits and it gives the girls some one on one time with my Granny and Papa.

Our last visit, besides Christmas, was in July, but I only blogged about our June visit.  So, the girls were super excited to go for a visit yesterday!  Miranda did great and slept all the way there and back.

Meredith didn't want to participate in this picture...
Papa and Miranda aren't looking at the camera, but that's ok.
Papa, the big girls and I went to check out the cows and their new calves.  I think this was Mackenzie and Meredith's first time to see cows up close.  One started to move kind of near us, but then when Meredith started talking in her loud high pitch squealy voice, the cow turned away.  I don't blame her. ;)
The girls ALWAYS sing songs in the living room.  They sit on little nesting tables like they are stools and sing to us.  This time, Mackenzie pretended she was playing the piano while Meredith sang.
Miranda is smiling a lot now, but sometimes she still gives you that look...
So, that was our big outing for this week.  We are already looking forward to next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...