Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Miranda is 4 months old!
Miranda turned 4 months old the day after Christmas, but I was waiting until after her doctor's appointment to post her monthly update. Below are her 4 months growth stats:
Weight: 10 lbs 15 oz (0%, but just below average on the preemie chart)
Height: 23 1/4" (5%, but a little above average on the preemie chart)
Head Circumference: 15.98" (41% and way above average on the preemie chart)
We lost a little ground on the weight gain just before Christmas when she caught a stomach bug and could not keep anything down for 18 hours. She was only 10 lbs 4 oz 2 weeks ago when she was sick, so she did great and gained 9 ounces in 15 days. The doctor is not concerned with her weight at all, so that's even better.
- nurses 6 or 7 times a day.
- is starting to sleep longer at night between feedings - yay!
- is still allergic to cow's milk. While I don't think she has an actual allergy to soy, her tummy is pretty sensitive to this protein as well, so I'm dairy and soy free.
- wears 0-3 month clothing and size 1 shoe (the one time she wore shoes!)
- loves to sleep in the swing and usually sleeps her first 3 or 4 hours at night in the swing.
- has found her hands and sucks on them on a regular basis, as evident by the pictures.
- drools a lot and has started blowing bubbles.
- still hates tummy time, but tolerates laying on her back if one of us sits near her and talks to her.
- likes looking at the light from the TV and "watched" football the other night while I changed into pajamas.
- is "talking" to us more and more.
- loves it when her big sisters talk to her.
And as always, here are all three girls at 4 months!