Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas Preschool Program

Mackenzie had her school Christmas Program a week ago Thursday.  She has been practicing for weeks, both at school and at home.  The 2's and 3's class sang first and then her Pre-K class got up to sing.  I was surprised to see her wearing her Santa hat without any issues. She's the third from the right. 

She was concentrating so hard that she had a furrowed brow the entire time she was singing! ;)  

The biggest surprise was her being called to lead one of the memory verses.  "I will praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Marvelous are your works and that my soul knows very well." Psalm 139:14  My regular camera was acting up, so I took some photos with my camera and this is the best one I have. :/
We have video of the whole program, so at least I can watch that since my pictures aren't great.  Afterwards, Santa came to see all the kids.  This is the first year Mackenzie has been interested in taking pictures with Santa.  We've never tried before since she was always extremely afraid.  Meredith on the other hand was super excited to see Santa.  That's one of the big differences between Mackenzie and Meredith.  At 2, Mackenzie stayed in the corner of her classroom, with her back turned, when Santa visited her day care.  But Meredith never had any fears!  When I asked her that morning if she wanted to wear a pretty dress for Santa, she said, "yes, I wear minnie mouse dress."  Um...no, that's a costume, sweetie. ;)  I love this picture because Meredith is showing Santa her dress!  Definitely a lot more social than Mackenzie was at 2!

Mackenzie enjoyed it and smiled, so after 5 years I finally have her first picture with Santa.  Meredith smiled the whole time and on the way home kept saying she had fun with Santa.  That 5 minutes was awesome to her! ;)
I'll get to see this Christmas program several times since Meredith will be at the school next year, followed by Miranda 1 or 2 years later.  I look forward to every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...