Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Miranda is 3 months!
Miranda turned 3 months old yesterday. Because she was a preemie, she is able to get a vaccination for RSV (a respiratory virus that can cause bronchitis and pneumonia), so today, she had her second of 5 monthly shots she will get to complete the vaccination. Because of the monthly doctor visit, I'm able to see how much she's grown in the last month and have a real weight (not an estimate) as of this morning.
Weight: 10 pounds (just under 5th percentile)
Height (my estimate): 22 1/2" (10th percentile)
Above are her percentiles as she compares to normal 3 month old baby girls, but if you use her adjusted age (7 weeks), she is just below average for weight and just above average for height. Basically, she's doing great and growing like she should.
At 3 months, Miranda...
- nurses 7 or 8 times a day.
- is starting to sleep longer at night between feedings - yay!
- is still allergic to cow's milk. We are pretty sure she's allergic to soy as well. After several days of not having it (and having a happy baby), last night she was gassy and spit up twice (she rarely spits up). I looked at the ingredients for the Arby's honey wheat bun I had for lunch and sure enough it had soy in it. That seals the deal for me - no more soy! It's quite a bummer since I LOVE graham crackers as a dessert!
- wears 0-3 month clothing
- is very attached to me and loves to be carried around in the sling. I probably wear if for half of the day (about 5-6 hours a day), every day!
- smiles on a regular basis. Mackenzie especially likes to try and make her smile.
- hates tummy time - just like Mackenzie did!
- has starting cooing and trying to "talk" to us.
For comparison, here are the three girls at 3 months: