Monday, October 21, 2013

It's been 9 days...

It's been 9 days since I last blogged.  And really, that wasn't really a blog post since all I did was post one comparison picture of the three girls.  I've meant to blog several times this week, but it just never happened. 

I'm back to making my weekly list of things to do.  Of course, I think I only took a couple of weeks off from making lists right when Miranda came home, so it's not like I really stopped doing it.  As usual I put everything I can think of on my to do lists.  It's kind of like my mind dump so that I don't forget things - everything from changing sheets, to writing thank you notes, to hanging picture frames in the girls' room.  Last week it even included calling my mom to talk about Thanksgiving.  These little tasks can get away from you when dealing with 3 children, so I write EVERYTHING down! ;)

Unfortunately, with a newborn in the house it's quite difficult to complete most of the tasks. :/  Even though Miranda is 8 weeks old today, she's still very much a newborn baby as far as needing to eat every 3 hours (or less) around the clock.  By the time Meredith was 2 months old she was only eating 5 times a day and had just started sleeping in 7-8 hour lengths.  Granted, Meredith was 4 or 5 pounds heavier and eating formula, but still it's quite a bit different this 3rd time around.  At this age, Miranda is very gassy/fussy and by the time I feed her a bottle, get her back to sleep and pump milk for her next feeding, I get about 1 - 1 1/2 hours of sleep before I have to wake up again to start all over.  With Mackenzie and Meredith, this phase was just about over at this time, but I have a feeling I still have another month or so before I'll be getting any decent amount of sleep at one time.  Oh well, that's the way it is and I'll survive.

Because I have to spend 15-20 minutes 6 times a day pumping milk in the guest bedroom, I've watched quite a bit of TV/movies.  We don't have cable in that room, so I've been watching DVD's I have.  So far I've watched all 10 seasons of Friends (that started in the hospital), 5 seasons of Big Bang Theory, 3 seasons of Modern Family and 7 of the 8 Harry Potter movies!  I was about to put in the very last Harry Potter movie yesterday when I realize we had only bought the blu ray dvd, not the combination pack.  So, now I feel like I've been left hanging with what happens to Harry Potter even though I know exactly how it ends.  I guess I'll need to watch the movie one day on one of the other TV's.  Watching them has made me want to re-read all of the books.  Yesterday when I couldn't watch Harry Potter, I started watching Pride and Prejudice (the one with Colin Firth) and of course I now want to re-read Pride and Prejudice too!  I'm not Meg Ryan in You've got Mail that reads the book every year, but I feel like I read it every 2 or 3 years and I think it's about time to read it again!

This week my focus must be the girls birthday party.  It's been rescheduled for this Saturday, so now I need to finish all of the tasks I hadn't completed before I went to the hospital.  This morning we actually made peanut butter cookies to look like buttons and this afternoon we'll make the sugar cookies.  Here's hoping Miranda cooperates and isn't too cranky this week.  In the last 48 hours, we've made some considerable progress with her nursing.  Hopefully that will continue to get better and I won't have to spend so much of my day pumping milk and I can spend more time on the party prep.  For now, she's content to sleep in the sling I'm wearing, so I've been able to cook/prepare lunch and type this blog post.  I hope the rest of the week goes this well! ;)

So, it might be another 9 days until I blog again, but when I come back I'll have a Lalaloopsy birthday party to show you!  It's only been in the works since last March! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...