Monday, October 28, 2013
Miranda turned 2 months old on Saturday! We went to the doctor for her check up this morning and here are her stats:
Height: 21" (2%)
Weight: 8lbs 6oz (0%)
Head Cir: 14.5" (12%)
She is now the size Meredith was at birth! She's just now getting on the charts (barely), which isn't bad since it's really only 3 weeks past her due date. When Meredith was a baby, our pediatrician said that once babies get above 10 pounds they tend to sleep longer than 3 hours at a time. Miranda is gaining about a half pound a week, so in another month or so I might actually get more sleep during the night! I think it's funny that her head circumference is still at 12% considering she was 6 weeks early. Looks like she'll follow in her sister's foot steps (and their dad's) and have a big head! Ha!
At 2 months, Miranda...
- nurses 8 times a day (sometimes more)
- is allergic to cow's milk, so I'm officially dairy free as long as she continues to nurse. An example of her allergy is the fact that I had 4 or 5 chicken nuggets on Saturday at the girls party and today she had blood in her stool, not to mention being fussy and gassy all yesterday. She is very sensitive to the milk protein since even the non fat milk in the breading of chicken nuggets upsets her. The doctor said I can test the allergy every 3 or 4 months to see how's she's doing, so maybe I'll have chicken nuggets just after Christmas and see how she does! ;)
- wakes up 2 or 3 times during the night - just about every 3 hours
- wears size newborn and 0-3 month clothing
- sleeps fairly well in the sling...I just need to remember to wear it more often.
- is not typically bothered by all of the screams and general loudness of her big sisters.
- is losing what little hair she had. I'm sure she will then follow in her sisters' footsteps and not have any hair until 18-24 months of age.
- has not had the baby acne as bad as her sisters did - thank goodness!