Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Home

Miranda came home on Saturday!  She spent her first 12 days in the NICU, but now she's home with us!  She came home weighing 4 lbs 8oz and is still so little compared to my other girls at two weeks old, but I don't care...at least she's home and I can see her all day long!  We are all adjusting well to our new schedule.  The good thing about having a baby that was in the NICU, is that they are used to a 3 hour schedule and are some what used to laying in a bed and sleeping.  Don't get me wrong, I still like to hold her, but I have been able to put her down while eating meals or bathing the girls.  Since she is so small and is technically still supposed to be in utero, she sleeps most of the time and has teeny, tiny periods of wakefulness.  We are talking 5 minutes max every 3 hours.  It happens so little that Mackenzie gets pretty excited when Miranda opens her eyes.

Of course, Mackenzie loves her and wants to hold her all the time.  If Miranda had been born full term and was 3 or 4 pounds heavier, I would probably let Mackenzie hold her more often, but as she is now, I've only let her hold her a few times in the last few days.  She loves it though, and I've promised her she can help more as Miranda gets older and bigger.


The biggest surprise for me is how Meredith has handled "baby randa".  She also loves her and has reacted about the same way Mackenzie did when Meredith was born...not loving her all the time, but not disliking her either...sort of indifferent.  Meredith is actually more interested in all of Miranda's baby paraphernalia than anything...the car seat, the bottles, the blankets.  When I let her hold her yesterday for the first time, she kept saying, "Hi baby randa.  Hi baby randa" and touched all of her toes and fingers as if she was counting them! ;)
Mackenzie took this picture of me and Miranda yesterday.  It's actually the first picture of her and I together.  I was trying to get a picture to show scale so you can see how tiny Miranda is, but I still don't think it's very clear, other than being able to tell how small her little bootie is compared to my hand! ;)  I'll try to get some better pictures in the next day or two.

And finally, because this is what I do, I had to compare baby pictures to see who Miranda looks like.  I've put her picture next to each of the girls separately and I think she looks like Mackenzie.  Her hair is dark and her eyes are dark blue (like most babies), so I'm not sure if they will change or not.

I'm so glad Miranda's home...now are family of 5 is all under one roof! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...