Saturday, September 21, 2013

Adjusting to 3 kids and other random thoughts

*Transitioning to caring for 3 kids has been fairly easy.  I mean other than the feeding Miranda every 2 or 3 hours and little sleep at night, it hasn't been much different than before she was born.  Of course, we aren't running errands and having play dates like we were doing before, but I do have to load all 3 girls in the car twice a week to take Mackenzie to school, so we are kind of getting "out".  Mackenzie and Meredith have adjusted well also.  They understand when I can't always do something with them because I'm feeding or holding Miranda.  This past week, Mackenzie was dying to do some school activities, so I let her sit on the bed while I was feeding Miranda and she did some activities we had been working on back in early August.

*We've been very blessed to have many meals brought to us in the last 3 weeks!  I haven't had to cook at all.  One of my friends brought a meal to us yesterday, but because we still have quite a few leftovers from other meals this past week, I put her meal in the freezer.  I don't think I'll have to cook it until Sunday or Monday, so that means I still won't have to cook for almost another week!  I'm so very thankful.  Another awesomeness to all of meals is that my friends also tend to bring dessert with the meal.  I love cookies and cupcakes, so I have really enjoyed all of the sweet treats we've received.  However, I'm about ready for them all to disappear so I can continue to lose the baby weight.  It would seem that you can't lose baby weight if you are eating cookies all day! ;)

*Today, my parents are coming over to watch the girls so that Brandon and I can have some time together.  We are going to an early dinner/late lunch and then running a couple of errands.  It will be nice to get out alone.  We had plenty of "together time" while I was in the hospital, but let's face it, it wasn't really a great time together when I'm laying in a bed 24/7 and a nurse is coming in every couple of hours to check on you.  We are excited to have some conversations that don't require us to say, "hold on, I'm talking to your dad/mom" or "girls, please sit down and be quiet." ;)



*I love that all of this rain is bringing cooler weather!  Although, that just means more work for me.  Anyone with children knows that a season change means buying new clothes and/or pulling out hand me downs.  In my case, it means both!  Mackenzie has grown so much this past year that even if she can wear the same pants in the waist, they will be way too short!  So, it looks like I'll be doing some online shopping for Mackenzie in the next couple of weeks.  I'd hate for the weather to really cool off and all I have for her to wear is shorts and t-shirts.  And for Meredith, I'm going to have to pull out all of Mackenzie's 3T's for her to wear.  At least I was able to organize all of the clothes before Miranda was born, so all I have to do is pull the clothes out of the storage bag and hang them up.  As for me, all of my clothes are already hanging in my closet, but I'm going to have to lose a little more weight before I can wear my pre-maternity jeans.  At least for now the cooler weather just means no sweating rather than requiring long sleeves.  I can handle that a little better.

So, those are my random thoughts.  While I said transitioning to 3 kids has been fairly easy, blogging while caring for 3 kids is not as easy!  I have several things I want to blog about, but finding the time is a little difficult.  I'll do what I can! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...