Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Welcome Miranda Kate!

We welcomed Miranda Kate yesterday afternoon at 12:54pm.  Sorry for the grainy photo, but we only have the one photo so far from Brandon's cell phone.  Maybe tomorrow I'll take better photos when I'm in the NICU. 

She weighed 4 lbs 4oz and measured 18" long.  Since she is 6 weeks early she is in the NICU, but she is doing really well.  Apparently she is really feisty and has made her voice known when she doesn't like something...like laying on her back and side.  She now sleeps peacefully on her tummy! ;) 

Yesterday, they showed her to me just after she was born while I was still in surgery, but I could only see her face since she was all wrapped up.  Today I got to see (and touch) her in the NICU!  She has really long fingers just like Mackenzie did, but her face is like Meredith.  I haven't seen her with her eyes open, but the nurse said her eyes are light blue, so they could stay blue like Mackenzie.  She just might be a good mix of the two girls.  I guess we'll find out soon enough. ;)

That's my update for now...I'm sure I'll have more to say later as I get to know this little "feisty" girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...