Thursday, August 22, 2013

Things to do...

So, while I sit here on bed rest I've been trying to do things/tasks on the computer that I would normally feel guilty about if I was home with the girls.  Some days are better than others when it comes to being on the computer.  Monday for instance, I could only be on the computer for a little while before my headache was too much.  Today I caught up on my 365 blog since I hadn't updated pictures since the middle of July.

All of my labs are doing great, so it looks like I will be able to hold off on delivery until Monday.  With that said, I have 3 more full days here in the hospital where I can work on different projects:

  • finish 2011 blog book.  I have been working on this blog book FOREVER.  I finished the layout a couple of months ago, but need to edit and spell check it.  After working on it some on Monday, I think I'm on page 95 out of 240.  I'm hoping to work on it tonight or tomorrow and possible finish it by Sunday evening.  I would love to be able to finish it, upload it to Blurb and order the completed book by Saturday or Sunday. 
  • make a picture book of Meredith's first 2 months.  When Mackenzie was 2 months old, I compiled a small picture book for us and the grandparents of my favorite photos up to that point.  I had planned on doing the same thing for Meredith, but 2 years later, I still do not have a book from her first two months.  I'd like to do this while I'm here in the hospital, but I'm not sure it will happen.
  • finish my last 3 continuing education units for my Architect's license.  I have 3 more articles to read and little tests to take by the end of the year.  The good news is, I had already printed the articles at home and I can take the tests online.  So, now all I need is Brandon to bring the articles to me so that I can complete those in the next few days.
  • make 1st day of school signs.  Mackenzie starts preschool on September 3rd and eventually I'll be doing school with Meredith at home.  Since I will be taking pictures of the girls on these particular days like I did last year, I figure I can make the signs now so that all I have to do is print them at home when I'm ready.
  • finish our will.  I know this sounds kind of morbid, but months ago I bought a computer program to help Brandon and I set up our will and we have yet to complete it.  I figure since Brandon and I are here every night by ourselves without the kids, we might as well work on this in the next couple of days, so that we don't have to worry about it anymore.
  • read my library books.  The morning before I was admitted to the hospital, the girls and I went to the library and I checked out a couple of books I had on hold.  I have finished one and have another one to read.  Reading has been a nice task to do at night when they have the baby on the monitor and I have to lay still.  I'm not sure if I'll finish the other one before Monday, but at least I can try.
Now that I've looked at this list, I've realized I'm still the same person who puts too much to do on her list...even when I'm in the hospital! Ha! I guess we'll see what the next few days bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...