Wednesday, August 21, 2013

One Week

It's been one week since I was admitted to the hospital.  One week ago today, I woke up, got the girls ready and then we went to the library, Michael's craft store, lunch at Double Daves, followed by a quick trip into a small store to find my mom's birthday gift.  Of course after all of this, was "the" doctor's appointment that landed me in the hospital.  My items from Michaels are sitting somewhere in my house and I still haven't given my mom her gift.  I told her we'd have a big birthday celebration when Miranda comes home and celebrate her and all three girls' birthdays.

I'm feeling much better than I was on Sunday.  Monday was not great as it was filled with a headache for most of the day, but yesterday was a good day and I didn't have to take any Tylenol for headaches or any other pain.  yay!  My mom even picked up dinner to go from Saltgrass, so that was awesome!  In fact, I just ate a loaf of Saltgrass bread as I wrote the above paragraphs! ;)  My doctor has said that we'll stop "playing this waiting" game on Monday and deliver Miranda.  She will be 34 weeks and 2 days gestation, so hopefully we won't have to spend too much time in the NICU. 

A lot can happen between now and Monday, but for now at least I have an "end" to my bed rest...only 5 full days left!  My blood pressure is still so sporadic even with medicine, so who knows what it will do.  My labs are being redone today, so we'll know a little more than just blood pressure readings by tomorrow morning.  The good news in all of this is that Miranda has been great.  Every monitor reading she is moving around and her heart is beating at a great speed.  The ultrasound we had on Monday was good and all of her fluids were perfect.  I told Brandon this morning, that she's says, "what's up momma?  why aren't you walking around and jostling me to sleep more?  All you keep doing is sitting or laying down.  I guess I'll just kick you till you turn blue instead!" ;)  That last part is just about true.  Just like Meredith, she can get to the very back corner of my ribs and just kick and kick when I'm laying down.  It feels oh so great! ;)

The girls have come to visit several times and seem to enjoy their time here even if I am in a hospital room.  Yesterday was the first time they actually got in the bed with me, so that's progress.  I usually have to move to the couch when they come, but since they were ok with the bed we just sat together.  Mackenzie's been bringing her library books that we checked out last Wednesday so I can read them to them and Meredith gets pretty excited about drinking out of my large hospital cup.  Luckily, leaving isn't too hard on them because Brandon goes home with them for the remainder of the day and plays with them until bedtime.  So, even if I'm in the hospital all day, every day, at least they are getting extra time with daddy and are loving it!  I'm so thankful that Brandon's job (and my mom and mother-in-law's) allows this kind of leave for him to take care of our family.  Without this steady care of my girls, I think this would effect them much more differently.

Anyways, sorry for rambling for so long.  In short, I'll be home by August 29th (Meredith's birthday) and hopefully Miranda will follow shortly after.  Here's hoping all is well in the next 5 days and that they go by very very very quickly!  Keep the prayers coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...