Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Yarn Wreath

So, I started getting a little nervous about all of the stuff I needed to do for the girls' party in two months.  Since we were going to be out and about the other day, I went to Michaels to shop for supplies.  That same afternoon I decided I would get started on one of the crafts - a yarn wreath.  This was my inspiration from pinterest...


And this is my version...


I marked my pattern on the wreath with a sharpee and then started wrapping the yarn.  It seemed like it took a long time to get to this point...

...but I was determined to finish it.  It took 2-3 hours to finish all of the yarn wrapping.  I sat in the playroom wrapping the yarn while the girls played and we watched a movie or two. ;)  At one point I was wrapping the yarn, Mackenzie was "checking" me as a pretend doctor and Meredith was putting cups and plates to my mouth to "eat" her pretend food.  I was pretty happy they could play with me while I did a craft.  We were all quite content for a few hours until I finished.  My right arm hurt pretty bad the next day.  It actually ached in the night, it was so sore. :(

Once it was wrapped I added the glitter "M" I found at Michaels plus buttons.  I wasn't quite sure what I was going to add, but an "M" seems appropriate and fits both girls! ;)  After the party the wreath go in Miranda's room because she will have purple and blue bedding!  I didn't plan on that, but I love when it works out even better than I thought it would! ;)
Well, that's one craft for the party, only a bazillion to go!  I'm kind of excited! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...