Monday, July 29, 2013

Meredith is almost 2!


One more month and Meredith will be 2 years old!  It's crazy how fast time flies!

She's got quite the personality - a lot like Mackenzie, but then also a little different.  She's much more social and friendlier than Mackenzie was at almost 2, but can still be bossy and stubborn just like Mackenzie.


She's really begun to make sentences with the words she knows.  Last weekend Brandon asked her if she wanted juice and I said she could have milk instead because she had had juice a couple of days ago.  (It's a special treat in our house.)  She instantly said, "no milk, I want juice".  It was very clear and I guess for being so clear, we let her have some juice. ;)  Another sentence that I thought was pretty good was when one of her friends was over here playing.  Meredith had been riding her stick pony and I guess she thought Autumn was coming to her to take the horse away.  She ran over to me and said, "Aumun...horse first."  Basically, "Autumn's coming and I had the horse first."  I wonder where she learned that phrase from?!  As a second child, I guess she'll always have phrases that her older sister will teach her!

At 23 months, Meredith...
-talks a lot and about 50% of the time I can understand her.  But then there is that other time when it's complete gibberish to us, but oh so cute!
-still loves the water - swimming pool or bath tub, she loves to splash and have fun!  We've been working all summer on her waiting for us to say ok before she jumps to us in the pool.  Most of the time she listens but then other times she just wants to jump to us and we are left dashing over to her before she stays under water too long!
-has 16 teeth - now we wait for the 2 year molars.
- sleeps from 8pm to between 5 and 6 am every night and takes a 1-2 hour nap every day.  I wish I could push the sleep in time frame to 7, but since Brandon wakes up that early during the week, it's not too bad.  The weekend is when it's not so great! ;)
-wears 2T clothing and size 7 shoe.
-loves to dance and sing for us and usually she feels the need to stand in front of the fireplace to do it.  I guess it's her stage.
- loves to do anything Mackenzie is doing, especially when it comes to "school"
- makes the funniest face when she's mad
- gives us pretend food to eat all the time.  Sometimes it's "picked" straight out of the air.  She'll typically say, "apple?" and then reach around to a blanket or something nearby and pick it for you. ;)
- tattles on Mackenzie - "kiki push me" (Mackenzie pushed me), "kiki my dress" (Mackenzie touched my dress).  The push part is usually when they are on the couch and Meredith sits right next to Mackenzie and when Mackenzie moves a little, then Meredith says she's pushing her. ;)  We'll be working on "worrying only about yourself" this month! ;)
- favorite phrases: "watch me", "my turn", "don't want it"

One more month!  I can't wait to see what age 2 brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...