Friday, June 21, 2013

Miscellany

It's been a while since I've documented the girls' miscellaneous saying and actions, so here we go!

1) Mackenzie's current favorite phrase is, "I've heard that..."  She uses this ALL the time when she wants to talk about something she's recently learned.  The most recent example was, "I've heard that beetles have sticky feet.  What other bugs have sticky feet?"

2) Mackenzie loves to play "momma and dears".  This is a roll reversal where she is the momma and I am the child.  We go on bullet trains to China, trips to the grocery store and vacations to Great Wolf Lodge, all while sitting in the comfort of our own home.  The other evening I was being given "medicine" because I was sick.  She tells me exactly what to say most of the time and this was no different.  When I took the medicine, I was supposed to say, "ew, that is disgusting!".  I did and her response was "I don't care."  I laughed knowing that is exactly what I told her a few weeks ago when she had to take her antibiotics.  In my defense, I actually said, that I didn't care if it was disgusting because she had to take it to get better and she could have water when she was finished.  Either way her response in our game made me laugh.

3)  After bath time, Meredith always runs into the living room to see Brandon and he always says, "you're naked!"  Now, when I change her in the morning, she says in the same tone Brandon would, "I naked! I naked!"

4)  Mackenzie was never one to peel the crayon wrapper off or color on furniture, but Meredith is completely different.  Her favorite thing to do right now is pull the wrappers off the crayons at the easel and occasionally colors on their small table and chairs in the playroom.  The other day I sent her to her room for coloring on the window sill.  She cried the whole time there, but she walked to her room by herself.  She came back 1 minute later, but at least she listened to me in the beginning.

5)After every picture we take of Meredith, she says, "I see.  I see."  This wouldn't be a problem, if she would actually stay still until after the picture was taken.  Half the time we end up with blurry pictures because she didn't stay still long enough!
6) Meredith loves to dance.  A couple of weeks ago I took a video of her dancing in the kitchen.  She was having so much fun!

7) Both girls LOVE to do the "bootie dance"!  Here is a really cute video of them doing it, but I apologize for the screams of delight at the end.  I can't imagine what 3 screaming girls will be like?! ;)
I'm sure they have said and done plenty of other funny stuff, but that's all I can remember right now!  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...