Thursday, June 20, 2013

24 weeks pregnant

I'm currently 24 1/2 weeks pregnant and feeling great.  My hips are just now starting to act up, but that's typical for me.  I've done great with the weight gain compared to my other pregnancies - only 11 pounds so far as compared to 17 and 18 pounds for Mackenzie and Meredith.  I know the weight gain will pick up here in the next few weeks, though because I have been a lot more hungry lately than I have for the last 4 months.  Here's my current belly shot.
I've been feeling a lot of movement inside, but we haven't been able to feel anything on the outside yet.  That should come in the next week or two as Miranda gets a little bigger.  Then I think the girls will get a little more excited about the baby.  Mackenzie is already excited and occasionally will pat my belly and say hi to Miranda.  Meredith will point to my belly when I ask her where the baby is, but I know she doesn't truly understand.


For comparison here is my 20 week photo with Mackenzie and Miranda (I don't have one of Meredith at 20 weeks.)
 And here is my 24 week comparison of Meredith and Miranda.
The dress I wore with Meredith has already been taken to the resale shop and I didn't even wear it this time around.  It was too small last time around and I wasn't even going to attempt it this time.  I did however get the new dress (Miranda's side) on Saturday and love it!

I've noticed that my style of maternity clothes has changed for this pregnancy.  Yes, I'm wearing casual clothes as opposed to dress clothes 98% of the time, but I've found that I don't like the style of clothes I bought (casual or dress) for my previous pregnancies.  I think they make me look really frumpy and bigger than I really am.  So, I have a lot of close fitting clothes this time around and I actually like them better than any loose fitting shirts I have.  This would be the opposite way I would dress if I wasn't pregnant as I wouldn't want to bring attention to the non pregnant belly/rolls of fat, but when I'm pregnant, I don't want to look 40 weeks pregnant when I'm only 24.  Anyways, I guess I'm just trying to say that I like my new maternity clothes! ;)   And since you have to wear them for 6 or 7 months straight, you should like the clothes you buy!

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and everything looks great.  Miranda is growing like she should and her heartbeat was right on target.  I'll have a scheduled repeat c-section about a week before my due date (October 6) and she said I could pick the date.  So Miranda will probably be born somewhere around September 26 or 27.  Only about 14 weeks left to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...