Monday, May 6, 2013

The Girls' shared bedroom

I'm 18 weeks pregnant and although I haven't discussed this with my doctor, I'm sure I'll be having a c-section about a week before my due date. So that leaves about 20-21 weeks left.  With that said, I've been planning the decoration of the girls' shared room.  We've decided on the Catalina bed from Pottery Barn kids and will order 2 matching twin ones sometime this week.  We are also going to get the matching small dresser to put between the beds.
The girls will be sharing Mackenzie's current room and the walls and ceiling are painted pink.  Ideally, I would love to paint the walls white and leave the ceiling pink.  I saw this blog post where they only painted the ceiling and I think it looks great. 


With Brandon's busy schedule and me being pregnant, I'm not sure the room will get painted before the baby comes, so for a while we might have a LOT of pink in the room because this is the bedding I want for the girls.
I love the ombre of pinks and ruffles...so cute!  I've looked at other bedding, but I keep coming back to this one, so I think it's "the one"!  I'm hoping that the white sheets and white furniture will offset the pink walls, ceiling and bedding! ;)

So, I've planned the layout of the room for the furniture, but what I'm still trying to figure out is the wall/decor.  Here's the new layout.
I don't really want the beds against the wall, but I don't really have a choice with the size of the room, so that's the way it's going to be.  They'll be on either side of the window and the dresser will sit under the window.  We'll keep the cube shelves that Brandon made and put them in the opposite corner from where they are now. 

I think this might actually give the girls a little more playroom than Mackenzie has currently, so hopefully it will be ok.  Truthfully, since we have the playroom where most of the toys and books are, the girls don't really play in their rooms very much anyway.

We have upper shelves on one side of the room which are perfect and will stay where they are, but I'm not sure what we should do on the opposite wall. 

Currently is has the big dark pink tree painted on it, but I want to paint over that eventually and add some sort of shelves for all of the elephant and owl collectibles that will go in this room! ;)



We also have two different matching frames for each girl that document their first birthday and also their first 12 years.  Luckily, I bought them exactly the same, so I could make a cute collage wall if only that pink tree were gone!

Plus, a few weeks ago, I couldn't resist buying this print.
I love the verse and the rainbow colors.  I think if I hang it in their room, it allows flexibility for me to add other accent colors to the room, like green or purple.

So, that's what I'll be working on this summer.  Anyone willing to come paint the girls room?! HA!  Although we'll get the furniture this month or early next month, I think we are going to wait until after Meredith's birthday in August to move her to the twin bed.  I don't think she's quite so ready to be all on her own in the room.  If we move her in early September, then we have a month of adjusting to that before the new baby comes.  This time we are prepared and still have the gate on her door to keep her in the room! ;)


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...