Friday, April 19, 2013

New Night Stands

Back in December, Brandon made 2 night stands for the girls.  We put both of them in Mackenzie's room at the time, until Meredith needed one, but now that they will be sharing a room and have different furniture, I think I'll move them to the guest bedroom.  It's in desperate need for actual nightstands since right now we are using an old printer stand as the night stand.  I took the pictures months ago, but you know the drill...life happened and I never got around to blogging about them.  However, Brandon did such a great job that I wanted to show them off and show you his handy work.

They are 18" square and have tapered legs and a lower shelf.


Even the top has a little chamfer on the edge.  So nice!

The original plan was to modify the plan of this table to make a long side table for our hallway, but I think we are now leaning toward some sort of bench.  Although, I think any wood working is about to be put on hold for the duration of the hot Texas summer.  It's way too hot to work in the garage on any project during the summer.  That's ok, I think we'll be a little busy between now and the end of the year with the new baby.  At least now we have all of the tools we need, when we (Brandon) is ready to build again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...