Monday, April 29, 2013

Meredith is 20 months!


Meredith is 20 months old today!  That means in just 4 short months, the current baby of the house will be 2!  I'm not one to wish my kids were babies again.  I'm always thankful they are getting bigger and older.  Let's just say the baby stage is not my favorite stage of children.  I'm not saying I don't like babies it's just that I'd much rather have a toddler walking and communicating with me using more than just cries.  We are finally getting there with Meredith.  Her vocabulary has sky rocketed in the last month!  I've been trying to keep track of all her words/phrases in the last couple of weeks to be sure I remembered what she says on a regular basis.

momma
dadda
kiki (Mackenzie)
mok (milk)
peas (please)
eee (eat)
eef (teeth)
su (shoe)
cwoc (crocs)
yesh (yes)
nigh-nigh (night-night),
bye-bye
no
off
out
yay
ahh nun (all done)
ip (ipad or ipod)
ducky
mess
toes
nenie (Ernie)
melmo (Elmo)
baby
okay
toot
fries
hat
love you
thank you
juice
plow (pillow)
wuvey (lovey)
light
bounce
owl
we-ve (TV)
monkey
mickey (as in Mickey Mouse)
close
eyes
nose
puppy
doggie
mow (cat)
neigh (horse)
wewo (hello)
mine
nack (snack)
play
up
hip (chip)
bubbles
what do? (What are you doing?)
ere are you? (Where are you?)
eee you! (I see you.)

Sorry for the long list, but I just want to be sure that I remember what she says.  There's probably even more words that I'm forgetting.  When she was baby, I figured she'd be a late talker because she'd never get a word in with her talkative older sister, but instead she's learning so much from what Mackenzie says and does.

At 20 months, Meredith...
-is about 34" to 34 1/2" tall and 29.5 pounds (somewhere in the 90th+ percentile)
-carries her loveys around everywhere that she can.  We are slowly starting to leave them at home when we run errands, but it depends on the particular errand.
-loves to "bounce" in the bath tub and splash water around.
-still has only 12 teeth.  Eventually her canines/cuspids with come in! ;)
-wears 24 month to 2T clothing and size 6 shoe.
-recognizes/matches shadow shapes on the ipad games
-sings about 5 letters of the abc song (G, P, S, V, Z) - you know the ones that you pause on while singing! ;)
-loves playing with the toy kitchen and brings "food" for you to eat.
-can finally where small pigtails! yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...