Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine's sensory bin

So, I learned my lesson from the rice sensory bin and changed everything out for beans!  First I tried separating the beans and rice, but gave up and just put them all in one bag to save for when Meredith is older.  I need Meredith to understand, "keep the scoops over the bucket" before she can play with rice again! ;)
Thanks to the dollar bins at Target, we had quite a selection for a Valentine's sensory bin.  Besides the red and white beans, we added foam stickies that looked like sweet heart candies, magnet letters that spelled LOVE, valentine's garland and 4 large felt hearts.   Mackenzie
Mackenzie enjoyed playing with the heart measuring cups and spoons.  We took the opportunity to learn a little about 1/4 and 1/2 cups by filling the 1 cup measuring spoon using the 1/4 and 1/2 cup spoons.  We counted how many it took to fill up.  I'm not saying she mastered the concept or anything, but we at least touched on the subject.


She also loved making "cakes" for us in the heart baking pan and ice tray.
 
 
Meredith was asleep when we made the bin, so Mackenzie played with it for a good hour.  When Meredith woke up I let her play with it, but I didn't get any photos.
 Maybe we'll pull it out again today through Thursday as part of our Valentine's Day activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...