Friday, December 14, 2012

New Books

We had the first of many Christmas celebrations last Friday and the girls came home with quite a loot.  My mom bought quite a few books for the two of them and I thought I'd share my favorites.

The first book that I absolutely love is this Pride and Prejudice board book.

You're never too young to start Pride and Prejudice!  Mackenzie's already seen some of the Colin Firth version when I've watched it, so all that's left is the real Jane Austen book! ;)  Until then, this book is great for both girls.  It's a counting book, but the numbers relate to parts of the book.  For example, there are "2 rich men" - Mr. Bingley and Mr. Darcy; "3 houses" - Longbourn, Netherfield and Pemberley; and the last number is 10 as in "10,000 pounds a year!"  I love it!  Along with this they got Alice in Wonderland and Jane Eyre.  After I got home, I instantly looked up the author and believe we "need" Wuthering Heights, Romeo & Juliet, Sense & Sensibility and A Christmas Carol! ;)

Another favorite is this Pop up book...
If you like pop up books, you'll love this book!  It's full of TONS of information on the planets, continents, rivers, mountains, natural disasters and anything relating to geography.  Every piece of information is hidden under some sort of pop up or tab thingy.  It's great!

If you want a cute and funny book - The Seven Silly Eaters is a good one.
It's a funny story about 7 children who only eat specific things.  I'm not going to spoil the story - just go buy the book! ;)

Tallulah's Tutu is Mackenzie's favorite and I'm pretty sure it's because it's about ballet! ;)
It is a cute book and I see many nights in our future reading this book!

And of course, you can't go wrong with the Llama Llama books!

Such fun rhyming and cute stories.

These are only a few of our new books.  I love them all and so do the girls!  I actually brought the big stack into my room the night we got home and read them by myself and the next morning, Mackenzie and I read all but 2 of them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...