Monday, December 3, 2012
Meredith is 15 months!
Meredith is 15 months old! She is getting quite the personality and has really started to play and have fun with Mackenzie. Mackenzie doesn't always want to play with her, or specifically, she doesn't want her playing with the toys she playing with at the moment, but 98% of the time they are having fun.
We went to the doctor today for her check up and it was NOT fun! She started crying when the nurse shut the door. ;) The nurse said at 15-18 months the appointments are the worst because the babies really don't like being checked out. I felt like saying, well for my children it lasts way past 18 months! ;) Maybe Meredith will prove me wrong and that statement will only apply to Mackenzie. Anyways here are her stats:
Weight: 26 lbs 13.5 oz (93 percentile)
Height: 32.5" (95 percentile)
I actually thought her foot was at the 33" mark, but I guess that's not what the nurse saw. Either way, she is still big, but her growth is slowing a bit and isn't sooooo high on the charts (as in 98%). You know the trick where you double the child's height at age two and that's how tall they will be as an adult? If that is true, Mackenzie will be my height (5'-6"). Mackenzie asked me today if she was going to one day be as tall as Brandon (6'-0"). I told her she would probably only be as tall as me, but at Meredith's growth rate, she might be as tall as Brandon. Only time will tell. ;)
At 15 months, Meredith:
- can run fairly well. If it's not a full run, it sure feel like it when I'm chasing after her for a diaper change! ;)
- takes one long nap a day - thank goodness!
- says momma, dadda, eee (eat); pees (please); eef (teeth); su (shoe)
- when she wants something, she rubs her chest & says "pees". When I guess the right thing that she wants, she says "yaaaay". She is so affirming! ;)
- has 10 teeth (4 top, 6 bottom)
- can throw a pretty good tantrum when she doesn't get her way.
- wears 18-24 month clothing and size 5 shoe
- loves to put toys in and out of a basket or bucket or anything similar
- loves to have her teeth brushed.
- makes pretend food for you to eat. She holds the food up to your face and smacks her lips for you to pretend eat.
- loves to sing or hear music.
- asks for itsy bitsy spider EVERY time I change her diaper. She puts her fingers together and says, "its" over and over until you sing it.
- if you ask for kisses, she smacks her lips but doesn't actually give you any kisses.
- can hold her ground in any fight for a toy against Mackenzie.
I have no more monthly photos of Mackenzie with the bear, so no comparisons there, but that won't stop me from future comparison photos that aren't birthday bear related!