Thursday, December 20, 2012

I'm still here...

I think I'm still here. ;)  It's been a crazy week since I last posted. 

I signed up to head up our church's young families Christmas Party last Saturday, so I worked on that last week and then obviously on Saturday too.  We did Minute to Win It games and had a blast!  There were about 15 families - 26 adults & 35 kids (8 months to 12 years).  The kids of course loved all of the games, but I think even the adults enjoyed playing games too!  I think this may have to be a new tradition and my mom has already given me a few new games that she did this year with her company.  I will do my best not to plan 360 days in advance! :)  

Sunday morning, I taught the 2's bible class.  I've been a helper for a couple of different quarters, but this was my first time to actually teach the class at our current church.  We only have 6 kids and they are adorable.  We were "feeding" baby Moses with the toy bottles and at the end one of the little girls said he needed to be burped (can you tell she has a baby brother?), so I held him up to my shoulder and made a small noise kind of like a burp.  They all laughed, of course.  I told them their current teacher probably wouldn't do that, but really, she just might. ;)  Before class, Meredith enjoyed sitting in the chairs and doing puzzles.  I think she's going to be very excited when she gets to move to the "big kid" classroom in a couple of months.

Monday I was daring and took the girls shopping at the mall!  Last year, I shopped online for Christmas because I knew I wouldn't be getting out in public with a newborn, but this year I guess I thought shopping would be easy to do.  By the time I realized it wasn't going to be that easy, it was too late to order online and I was forced to go the hard route and take the girls to the mall. :/  They actually didn't do that bad considering we were there for 3 hours. 5 stores, lunch and 1 more store later, we left with Meredith in a half meltdown.  Do you know how hard it is to carry a crying, squirming child while pushing a sit n' stand stroller filled with shopping bags and a 4 year old?  It's pretty difficult, but I survived.

Tuesday was a boring day, just grocery shopping and a little more Christmas shopping at Target.  We made in and out of there in 1 hour.  Woo Hoo! ;)

Wednesday I finally finished all 70 of my Christmas cards.  I'm pretty proud of myself since this is the second year in a row that I've designed and made my own cards without my mom's help.  I'm all grown up at the ripe old age of 32! ;) 

Thursday, today, the longest day ever!  Mackenzie went to the dentist to have a cavity filled.  Since she goes bananas at the dentist we opted for the IV sedation route while they did x rays, cleaned teeth and filled the cavity.  As it turns out, there was more than one cavity and they needed more than just a filling.  :(  When Brandon brought her home 4 hours later, her lips were puffy and she was still kind of groggy.  We sat on the couch together and watched her favorite shows until the numbness wore off.  She is eating just fine with the exception of one little area that she says still hurts.  We'll see how it's doing tomorrow.  My lesson learned with this whole experience - brush your kids teeth twice a day no matter if they fight it.  This is not one of those battles that you should give into and say that you'll deal with later.   I promise you, you won't like and won't want to deal with the effects later.

So, if you are still reading this, that was my long week!  If I don't blog again before Christmas...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...