Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Quilts

Catchy title, huh?  What can I say, I know how to get people's attention! ;)

My Granny gave Meredith a quilt for her birthday and ever since I hung it up in her room, she always looks at it and points to it after her nap.  So, the other day I started thinking about all of the quilts Granny has given to us and there are quite a few.  I thought I'd show them to you!

This is the quilt that is hanging in Meredith's room.
This one is also Meredith's...
Mackenzie also has two quilts.  This pink one...

And this one that was made 2 or 3 years before she was born! ;)

I was given this quilt when I was younger...

And this one was given to me for my 18th birthday, but it was actually hand quilted by my great grandmother.
If I recall correctly, I believe one of the doll's dresses is made from one of my old dresses.  I think it's this one, but my mom would have to confirm...

Then in college I received these two quilts.


The one on the left is in memory of bonfire colapse when I was a sophomore at Texas A&M.  Here is the description...

This quilt was our wedding present. 

And finally, our wedding quilt.  We had each guest at our wedding sign a fabric block and then Granny pieced them together along with some pictures to make out wedding quilt.
Here's a close up of one of the larger squares...

This one is out most of the time.   It's usually laying on our dining room table like this...

These are only a few of the beautiful quilts Granny has made over the years.  She has a TON more at her house!  My photos do not do them justice, but I still wanted to share them with you.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...