Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Focus Time

We are taking a break from school this week, while I focus on higher priority items.  They include: household chores, playing with the girls, and my health and well being.  I'm not physically sick, but I do feel like I need to focus on my spiritual health as well as being more active in my lifestyle.   I think the summer break combined with planning the girls' party helped me to forget how to manage my time properly.  In the last few weeks, I've found myself spending way too much time on the computer.  Me on the computer also means there has been way too much inactivity for the girls and lots of TV time.  Shame on me.  My focus will benefit them as well.  Obviously, I'm on the computer now since I'm blogging, but we are all eating lunch and I'm limiting my time to just my lunch break or after the girls' bedtime. 
 
As far as the household chores are concerned, the house stays picked up, for the most part, but it is desperate need of a deep cleaning!  I'm giving myself all week to clean the house because with Mackenzie and Meredith around, it will take that long.  Between Mackenzie asking me to play with her and Meredith sitting in my lap while I was trying to clean the shower door, it took almost the whole day yesterday, just to clean the shower and counters in our bathroom!  I also managed to clean the playroom too.  I cleaned it all up to vacuum, but by this morning, it was already a mess.  At least I know it was dusted and vacuumed for a few minutes.  ;)

Besides deep cleaning, some parts of the house need special attention.
 This is the last remaining area still decorated from the party.  I'm hoping to "un-decorate" today.

Our poor office desk pretty much looks like this every 2 months.  I'm sure I'll clean it all up this week and by Christmas it will be a disaster again!  It doesn't help that I hardly go into the office, so I don't see this area very often, which is why it doesn't really bother me that it's that messy.  If this was my kitchen bar, it would drive me crazy!
 
Can you tell in the areas where I did un-decorate, I followed the dump and go rule? ;)

And of course the most important focus - playing with the girls.  I need to focus on enjoying their company.  I can't play with them all of the time, but every time I feel the need to get on the computer to look at Facebook or Pinterest, I need to train myself to think of them instead.  All of those other things will still be on the internet later, but my girls will only play with me for so long! ;) 

So with that, my lunch break is over and it's time for me to FOCUS! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...