Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Christmas is coming!

Christmas is 70 days away!  Brandon's family has already planned the gathering dates and we've drawn names for gifts.  My family has yet to schedule a date for our family gathering, but we are working on it.  I just sent my mom a list of dates that we are not available because the holiday schedule is already being filled with other parties.

I love this time of year!  Gathering with friends and family is so much fun and because it requires some planning, this crazy girl loves the chance to pull up excel to help keep me organized.  The past few years I've used the same excel sheet to plan the Christmas gift needs, ideas and budget.  This year I was smart and saved last years list so that I could remember what we bought people and won't repeat gifts.  I already have ideas listed for half of our family, but I haven't bought any gifts yet.  Even though I'm a planner, I have a hard time buying Christmas gifts before Halloween. ;)

Yesterday I made an excel sheet for the adventures of Tiny, our elf on the shelf.  I found that last year it helped to have the ideas already planned so that I wouldn't have to think of a hiding place once Mackenzie was asleep.  There are so many great ideas on pinterest, so I'll have to look at all of them and decide what will work for us, but for now the sheet is set up with the December dates just waiting for me to fill it in.  We'll start with our North Pole breakfast again because she liked that so much last year, so at least that part is planned.  Now I just have to narrow the hundreds of ideas down to 23.

The other crazy list I made was sort of a bucket list of things to do with the girls during December.  Again, there are so many ideas on pinterest for crafts and activities to do, that I had to go through them and narrow it down to fit in 24 days.  Some of the items on my list are:
  • watching a Christmas movie
  • make a handprint Christmas tree
  • eat breakfast for dinner
  • make hot chocolate
  • bake Christmas Cookies
  • decorate a Gingerbread house
I'm hoping we can add a couple of service projects this year like visiting a nursing home or doing a couple of random acts of kindness.  We'll add all of this to our Jessee tree daily devotional, preschool and general daily activities.  It will be busy busy, but I'm so excited!  I LOVE this time of year, so bring on the madness! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...