Monday, August 13, 2012

Tracing Worksheets

Thanks to all of the wonderful homeschooling blogs, I have some fabulous activities/worksheets for Mackenzie this next school year!  One of my favorite freebie sites is Confessions of a Homeschooler.  She has a ton of preschool stuff as well as older kids stuff and it's all great!  I bought a bundle K-4 curriculum set for $10, but her letter of the week items are completely free for download. 

Anyways, one of the school items I made this weekend were alphabet tracing sheets from the K-4 bundle I bought.  Mackenzie knows the alphabet, but this school year we will be focusing on handwriting.  Since I didn't want to waste paper and ink all year as we practiced writing our letters and numbers, I laminated these tracing sheets.



I love these tracing sheets, because it breaks down the steps to writing each letter and they practice that first, then move on to the full letter.  I conserved my laminating pouches by laminating 2 tracing sheets per pouch.  Now, she'll be able to use the dry erase or wet erase markers and trace anytime she wants to.  Yesterday as I was taking pictures she insisted on tracing a few of the letters.

I also printed some shape tracing sheets and number sheets to laminate.  The numbers will be really great for her since we've mainly focused on number identification rather than writing numbers.  Now I just need to decide if I'm going to leave the sheets loose like this or punch holes in them and put them in a notebook or binder ring. 

We have several new activities we'll be doing this year and I'm excited to see how she likes them.  I'll blog about them as we do them!

2 comments:

  1. Is there a way for e to get those or do i have to pay for the curriculum. This would be a great practice sheet for my kindergarden class and its not in our curriculum this way. Thanks Megan K-3 grade teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan, you have to pay for the K4 bundle at Confessions of a Homeschooler's site.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...