Thursday, August 23, 2012

RRSP: Letter Q and Olympic Unit


Wow, I just realized I never posted about our letter Q unit.  I've decided we stop doing the Raising Rock Stars curriculum with 5 letters remaining.  I would love to continue on this fall, but since our lessons are going through the Bible this next school year, there are certain lessons that would be reinforced more with certain holidays.  Therefore, I need to start with Creation in the next week or two.

Anyways, back to the letter Q.  We continued right on through after the letter O, along with the remainder of the Olympic Unit from 3Dinosaurs we had been doing during the Olympics.  We didn't do a lot of other stuff besides these too units, since we were taking it easy this summer.

RRSP:
Our memory verse was, "Quench not the spirit." 1 Thessalonians 5:19.

Writing the letter Q is a lot like writing O from last week! ;)

She's getting much better with cutting and usually doesn't want my help unless she's cutting the big outside edges like this one.  This next year, we will work on continuous lines that aren't just straight.
The cut and paste verse was very short this week - less than 2 lines.
Wow, I didn't realize how much cutting we did! ;)  For our verse craft, Mackenzie colored the water drops and then I cut the individual drops out.
She was supposed to glue the drops in number order, but she told me she didn't want to and I didn't feel like making her, so 5, 10, 9, 87, 3, 2, 1, 4, and 6 is what we got! ;)

 Letter Q:
We made our letter Q collage with Q-tips.
Our last letter sort...EVER! ;)  Well, until I do these again with Meredith, but that's a couple of years away.

Olympic Unit:
We learned what "equipment" was and sorted people and equipment.

She colored the Olympic rings.  She is definitely improving in her coloring skills.  She still colors outside the lines, but they stay very close to the lines.  Much more controlled in the last month or so.
This is the type of cutting skills we'll work on this next year, but as you can see, she didn't want to cut these.  She only wanted to trace it and again I didn't want to push it.
This is our other mini book for the Olympics.  I know it still looks like scribbles, but they are controlled.  See how on the equestrian section, the horse and rider's heads are not connected by the same coloring stroke.  Two months ago that would not have been true.
Patterns...I learned from the week before and kept all of the cut outs in my hand and waited until she said what was next.  It went much better.

And last, but not least, a size sort of gold, silver and bronze medals.  As usual, she does each size one at a time.

And that's a wrap with the 2012 Pre-K 3 school year!  Next week we start the 2012-2013 school year! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. I love how she did with her Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cassie! It was an awesome unit that you created! Thanks for offering it for free. This week we'll be using some of your sight word printables! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...