Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Our first day of school

Yesterday we started our first day of school for the new school year.  Thanks to pinterest, everyone is taking pictures of their kids holding up signs telling what grade they are in.  I, of course, jumped on the bandwagon.  I even copied a questionaire from 1+1+1=1 for Mackenzie to answer.  A couple of her answers were pretty funny/unusual.  For example, apparently she wants to be a fireman when she grows up.  Huh, where did that come from?  I'm not saying it's bad, I just wasn't expecting it.  Also, she acted like I was crazy for not knowing her favorite tv show(s) - "I thought you knew that, Momma?"  Oh and she wants to learn about "drinks" this school year.  I asked her what she meant and she just said different kinds of "milk, juice and drinks."  Ooooookaaaaay.  I guess I'll work on some extra unit for that. :/

I didn't type it, but my favorite response was for the question, "My favorite place in the world is..." After not getting a response for a couple of seconds, I said we would skip it and come back to it.  She said, "good, because I don't know what the question is."  She's so honest, it made me laugh.  Anyways, below is her survey for the year:
*Since I can't seem to get the picture to enlarge when you click on it, below are her questions/answers:

  • My favorite color is orange.
  • My favorite food is strawberries.
  • I really dont like to eat tomatoes.
  • My favorite TV show is Curious George and Cinderella, I though you knew that?
  • My favorite book is hmm, the octopus one.  Thats mine and Merediths favorite.
  • I am really good at doll house.
  • The best place in the world to be is the store.
  • When I grow up I want to be I think a fireman.
  • If I could do one thing all day long it would be play.
  • When I was little, I used to play.
  • The best thing about school is saying the verses.
  • The worst thing about school is nothing. 
  • This year I hope to learn about drinks.

In addition to Mackenzie's picture, I couldn't resist taking a picture of Meredith with an idea I saw on a blog somewhere.  It's a little blurry (my fault), but she cooperated very nicely by actually holding up the sign!  Good girl! ;)


So, here's to a great school year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...