Monday, August 6, 2012

Learning Hopscotch and other chalk fun!

Mackenzie and I went outside one morning last week to play with our sidewalk chalk.  I told her I would teach her hopscotch and she was pretty excited.  I drew the hopscotch board first and we played a couple of times.  Hopping on one foot is still a little difficult, so she tried but then would just jump with 2 feet.
 She liked playing and then she wanted to draw her own hopscotch board.

I guess the large square for number 1 was too big for her, so she made numbers 2-10 really small! ;)
After hopscotch, we drew all over the driveway.  A few of the drawings were too good to not document! ;)

I drew a little beach scene and she decided it needed another sun.  Apparently it's a beach scene from a different galaxy! ;)
I traced her shadow...
...And then she traced mine!  Clouds covered the sun just after she finished tracing my hand (on the left) and so the rest of my body was a free drawing by her.  I look like a blob! ;)
When I asked her what she wanted me to draw, she said a blanket.  I told her I didn't know how to draw a blanket.  I guess she must have asked a couple of times for it and I told her I didn't know how to draw a blanket each time she asked.  She finally responded with, "stop squeaking momma, I'll show you."  Hers is the rectangle/circle on the top left and I finally drew a rug on the bottom right.

I think the squeaking comment is funny and I think it stems from the other day when I told her to stop crying and talking so high pitch because I couldn't understand what she was trying to tell me.  I don't think I said she was squeaking, but maybe that's what she realized she was doing at the time and apparently, what I was doing outside! ;)

Lastly, I leave you with our hopscotch video!
video


1 comment:

  1. I love the buildup she does to jump on one foot. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...