Saturday, August 25, 2012

Last day of "summer"

Although, August in Southeast Texas is by no means the end of summer, yesterday was considered the last day of summer for most of the kids in our area.  Since we will also be starting a new curriculum with school next week, I made it our last day of summer too!  We lazed around the house for most of the morning, but then we met our friends at our neighborhood pool.  We packed our lunches so that we could stay longer than normal.  We swam in one pool for a while, then ate lunch, swam in the other pool and then the older girls swam in the first pool again while the mommas fed the babies.  During one of the breaks, the older girls lounged on the chairs:

As I took this picture of Meredith, I realized I had taken a picture of her eating in her stroller almost every time we've gone to the pool.

So, I made a collage!

I promise, she swims and doesn't just sit and eat the whole time! ;)  Also, I didn't realize how much her bathing suit strap falls down! ;)

After 2 1/2 hours, it was time for the little ones to take a nap, so we loaded everyone up and went home.  We got home just as it was starting to sprinkle.  Mackenzie asked if she could play in the rain and since she was already wet from the pool and still in her swimsuit, I said yes.  I put Meredith down for a nap and then Mackenzie and I went back outside.


She played for about 20 minutes and then it thundered, so we came inside.  She wanted to specifically dance in the rain, so here's a video of her dancing in the rain.

video
It was a great day to a great summer!  Here's to many more! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...