Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Elephant and Piggie

When Mackenzie was younger, I bought an Elephant and Piggie book by Mo Willems, hoping we would like the and she'd have an elephant book collection to go with her elephant collection. 



We read it a couple of different times and she always liked it but I think maybe it was just a tad too old for her.  Enter a couple of weeks ago...when we read it and she laughed and laughed!  When we went to the library a couple of days later, we made sure to check out the elephant and piggie books they had available.  We love the 3 we checked out but this one is our favorite!




We've read them several times these past couple of weeks, but not every day.  I know I talk about Mackenzie's memory all the time, but she never ceases to surprise me with what she remembers!  In relation to these books, she has started acting out the story line.  It started the other day in the car on the way home when she said I would be Piggie and she would be Gerald (elephant) and then told me what book we were doing.  We obviously didn't do it word for word, but we did a lot and she knew a lot of the lines that I had forgotten about until she said them.  Since then, we have acted out all 4 books (3 library, 1 ours) without opening a single book!  She gets the expressions and everything!  It's so funny and make me smile every time we do it!  I'll have to see if Brandon will video us one night this week.  (Of course, I'll have to make sure I look and sound ok before I post it, otherwise it might just be my own keepsake that doesn't get blogged about!) ;)

If you haven't read these books yet, get to it!  We'll see if they have any more at the library and who knows, Mackenzie might be getting more for her birthday or Christmas! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...