Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pinterest ideas

I've spent quite a lot of time on Pinterest since I joined 8 or 9 months ago.  I've tried lots of thing that I've pinned and surprisingly, they've been mostly recipes.  I've decided that I need to try to do more of these pinterest ideas and not just constantly add to my "boards" without trying anything new.  Tonight I went through my boards and found my most favorite or most reasonable pin that I could do in the next few weeks.  I have 43 boards, but don't worry, I'm not going to go through every board.  Some of my boards are holiday related or by school unit theme, so I won't need to make anything just yet.  For now, I'm just listing my top favorites that I could do soon without buying much of anything.

From my "Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner" board, these waffled cinnamon rolls look delicious.  I think my parents have made them, but I have yet to try them.  Since we have cinnamon rolls about once a week, I think the next batch will be turned into waffles!


From my "Appetizer, Sides and Snacks" board, I really want to make the baked oatmeal cups.

From my "Sweet Treats board", there are so many that I want to try, but as of tonight, I'd like to try the chocolate chip scone nibbles.  Don't they look delicious?

From my "Gifts/Keepsakes" board, I desparately want to organize my greeting cards and this particular pin had a cute way of using chip board as the covers for the cards and organizing them by topic.  I need to do this one soon!

My newly created "ABC's" board has several ideas I want to do, but the easiest one is a link to post about 5 ABC games using paper circles.  In particular I'd like to make the car one.

I also recently created a "Tot School" board and cannot wait to make these water bottles for Meredith to play with.

On my "teach me to read" board, I'm excited to make a cup stacking game using our sight words we've learned this year.  I think it will be great reinforcing for her as we move on to other lessons this next year.

On yet another school type board (my first, actually), "Preschool ideas" has quite a few ideas.  My current favorite is painting in ziplock bags.  Since Mackenzie and I don't really like to get our hands dirty with paint, this might be perfect for us!
 

My "Paper Crafts" board has several cards I'd like to make one day, but the fun thing I want to do is this hand tracing thing.  It looks so cool!  I don't want to do it for any other reason, other than just being something fun to do...for me.

While there are lots of ideas I would love to do off of my Organization board, the quickest and easiest one I want to try is adding toilet paper rolls to my wrapping paper to keep it together.


From "Cleaning Tips & Tricks", I would like to make my shower sparkling clean!  I have nothing further to add. ;)

The "For the girls" board is filled with crafty things to make for the girls, but the one I want to do very soon, is the one I have all the supplies for - the Quiet Book!  I bought everything back in May, now I just keep waiting for time to be able to make it.  Of course, if I quit blogging at night or looking at pinterest I might actually have the time to make something. ;)

Surprisingly, as I've gone through these boards, I've discovered that I have actually completed more pins than I thought I had.  It makes me feel a little bit better about the number of pins I have, but I still want to try to do the above pins in the next few weeks.  We'll see how my challenge goes.

Do you have favorite pins on pinterest?  Have you actually completed/followed through on any pins recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...