Thursday, July 19, 2012

First trip to the circus!

Today was Mackenzie and Meredith's first trip to the circus!  Being the younger one, Meredith will, I guess, always experience things at an earlier age than Mackenzie did/does.  I wouldn't have imagined taking Mackenzie to the circus when she was 10 months old, but Meredith did great.  From 9:45 to 10:30 I carried her in the sling and then she sat in my lap for the next hour just fine.  She started getting fussy the last 15 minutes before intermission.  I fed her her bottle during intermission and had hoped that would settle her down, but it didn't and since Mackenzie had also had enough sitting in the hard seats, we left just as they were starting the second half.  I gave Mackenzie the option to stay and see the elephants and tigers, but she said she wanted to go home.

Overall, we had a great time!  Who doesn't like pizza and lemonade at 10:30 in the morning! ;)  I tried to take a picture of what Meredith did the entire show, but it was too dark.  I filled her snack cup with puffs and she ate them and jabbered on the entire time!  The great thing about the circus is that she can be loud sitting in my lap and barely anyone can here her! ;) 

I've noticed lately that Mackenzie has a sensitivity to light.  Because she and I have light blue eyes, we wear sunglasses anytime we are outside - even while swimming, but the new sensitivity issue is with bright lights like the TV and or stage lighting.  It's almost always an issue when it's dark and she's looking at some sort of light.  To be honest, I'm fairly sensitive too.  I really can't stand to watch TV at night in a dark room and it usually takes me a while to get used to a movie theater.  Anyways, as soon as she started complaining about the circus lights, I took out her sunglasses and she wore them for the entire show.  She looked funny wearing sunglasses in the dark, but since I didn't have to hear her complain about the light being too bright, it was a win-win! ;)

Here's our group - 11 kids (2 in carriers) and 4 moms (all taking pics)!  We actually met up with 4 other moms and 9 other kids, but this is the younger group of kids.


I borrowed a sling/carrier to carry Meredith.  She seemed to like it.
Our seats were great!
It's so much better with sunglasses!
Mackenzie held onto Meredith for a little bit!

So, considering the whole sunglasses and bright light thing, I guess I should take the sunglasses in on Saturday when we see The Lion King musical. ;)  The Lion King will be one of the few things that Meredith doesn't get to do just because I'm taking Mackenzie and I'm sure Mackenzie is very thankful! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...